Monday, November 1, 2010

Using Twitter in Education

Today one of my wikis, 'TwitterEd', was featured in the November wikispaces blog. You can imagine my surprise when I was contacted by Carole Snitzer from Wikispaces, explaining she had noticed my wiki and could I provide some written information about it.

For those of you who know me, until earlier this year, the only wiki I knew existed was Wikipedia! Since beginning to work with wikis, I have come to realise just how useful and powerful they can be for educators and students.














The TwitterEd wiki was established to explain and outline ways in which Twitter can be used in education for both teachers and students. In addition, it provides a number of 'how to' clips, an extensive bibliography and case study examples.

Wikispaces Blog - My Story - The TwitterEd Wiki

Click on the above wikispaces blog link if you would like to know more about the TwitterEd project and also about how I have been using wikis in English to engage students in text studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment